Join us for First organizational meeting: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 6-9 PM, Hallockville Hudson House meeting room. All persons interested in the history of quilt-making and who wish to participate in efforts to preserve our quilt heritage on Long Island are welcome to join the Hallockville Quilt Study Group.
Purpose: To share, research and learn about old quilts and textiles in an informal group. Activities
may include (but not limited to):
- Sharing quilts to examine techniques used, pattern, fabrics, and history, monthly
- Hosting Quilt Study Days, 2-4 times a year
- Recreating vintage quilts including drafting and directions to share with the public in traditional quilt making classes.
- Maintain membership in the American Quilt Study Group for the purpose of education.
- Provide or host programs/exhibits to share the history of quilting in our area, once a year or every other year.
- Assist in preparing the Hallockville Museum Farm quilts to be added to the nation-wide Quilt Index.
Please call 631.298.5292 or email lisa@hallockville to let us know if you will be joining us!