Craft Vendor Application Information
DATE: Saturday, September 17, and Sunday, September 18, 2022
LOCATION: Hallockville Museum Farm, 6038 Sound Ave, Riverhead, NY
TIME: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM both days
BOOTH SIZE: 10 x 10 feet
SET-UP TIME: 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm Friday; 6:00 am Saturday and Sunday
Saturday and Sunday set-up must be completed prior to 9:30 AM.
FEE: Single Day: $150, Both Days: $225
PAYMENT: Required in full with application; check or credit card only; do not transmit credit card information by e-mail; card information will be accepted by telephone.
DEADLINE: Applications will be received until August 29, 2022.
Craft Vendor Application Form Instructions
This application form is used by vendors selling hand-crafted items.
Only complete applications will be reviewed by the Fair Committee
In order to reflect that historic and rural atmosphere, vendors must adhere to the following requirements:
- The Fair is an invitational show of traditional handmade art and handcrafts only. All work must be your own. No kits, plastic, manufactured parts, purchased pieces or imports will be allowed. Vendors selling unauthorized items will be asked to remove those items and selling unauthorized items jeopardizes acceptance at future Hallockville events.
- The Committee reserves the right to limit the merchandise offered for sale by vendors.
- The Fair is not intended to be a venue for a vendor to sell “close-out”, “deeply discounted”, “overstock”, or similar merchandise. The vending experience at the Festival is not intended to replicate what is commercially available but rather to highlight individual vendors concepts, designs, and products.
- Hallockville reserves the right to request the removal of inappropriate crafts and/or displays, and vendors selling unauthorized items will be asked to remove those items.
- Vendors are not permitted to sell raffle tickets or other prizes for cash. Vendors will be permitted to offer chances, coupons and/or promotional incentives at their booth for free or reduced price merchandise. In no case will vendors or their staff be permitted to walk the grounds of the Festival to advertise such promotions.
- All applications, whether from returning or new vendors, must include all required documentation including photographs and a complete listing or merchandise.
- The vendor application must include at least four photographs that show all products you intend to sell.
- Application fees must be submitted with the Vendor Application Form and an application will not be considered complete without inclusion of the fee. Vendor payment will not be processed until the Committee has accepted the application.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance to the Festival. The Festival Committee reserves the right to decline any application and all decisions are final.
- Fees for accepted vendors are non-refundable. Fees from those applicants that are not accepted will be returned.
- Submission of applications will be acknowledged within 10 days of receipt. Acceptance or denial will be provided within two weeks thereafter.
Vendor Space Details
- The Fair is a “rain or shine” event and will only be cancelled in the event of severe weather.
- For vendors participating both days, set-up will be permitted Friday evening. For Sunday-only vendors, set-up will occur Sunday morning.
- Vendors should bring their own tables, chairs, and protection from the weather.
- The Fair Committee reserves the right to make space assignments for any vendor based on extraordinary circumstances including but not limited to safety considerations, type of merchandise sold, and other site considerations. All space assignment decisions are final.
- Each vendor spot will be numbered and staff will be available to help you find your spot. Details on space assignment, vendor unloading and parking will be provided within two weeks of the Fair.
- All vendors agree to staff their booths during the Fair from 10 AM to 5 PM. Vendors agree not to dismantle their display prior to 5:15 PM. Vendors who dismantle their display prior to 5:15 PM for whatever reason, including inclement weather, jeopardize their acceptance to future Hallockville events.
- Unless explicitly permitted by the vendor, Hallockville will not share or distribute vendor’s personal contact information with other individuals or organizations. If provided in the application, Hallockville will use the Vendor’s website/Facebook/Etsy link to promote their participation as well as include in a list of participating vendors which will be posted on Hallockville.com prior to the Festival.
- Hallockville, Inc. does not assume responsibility for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods or personal items.
The mission of the Country Fair & Craft Show is to provide (i) the public with an opportunity to experience a country-fair with hand-made arts and crafts and raise the level of appreciation for this within the public; and (ii) a showcase for the display and sale of such arts and crafts. The Fair Committee strives to create an event that (i) showcases the talents and skills of vendors; (ii) has a mix of vendors and merchandise that is appealing to visitors; and (iii) maximizes the opportunity for vendors to sell their merchandise. Therefore, the Committee reserves the right to decline certain vendors and/or restrict merchandise proposed for sale so as to minimize product overlap and/or inappropriate merchandise.
Hallockville Museum Farm is the Festival venue and the museum farm interprets 250 years of agricultural history on the North Fork. In order to reflect the historic and rural atmosphere of the museum farm and its mission of promoting traditional handcrafts and arts, vendors should be sensitive to the nature of the site and their displays should reflect that sensitivity.